Indoor Air Quality in MA & NH
The EPA has stated poor indoor air quality as being one of the top hazards to public health. At Maffei Services, we expertly install new HVAC systems with built in air-quality improvement features or add upgrades to your existing systems to ensure the air you breathe is as pure as possible.
Common Indoor Air Pollutants
- Pollen, dander, bacteria, and mold
- Paints and household cleaners
- Rugs and carpets
Featured Upgrades for Better Indoor Air Quality
- Ultraviolet (UV) Lamps. UV Lamps zap the mold and bacteria that can sometimes grow in the moist environment of your air conditioning or indoor coils.
- Air Filtration System. Central air filtration systems offer a number of advantages. They are out of sight (integrated into your home heating system, usually by the furnace), very convenient (you’ll never trip over one), and they are quiet during operation.
- A central air filtration system filters the air as it cycles through the air ducts into the furnace. Over time, all the air in the house will pass through the system, and it will be cleaned and filtered each time it passes.
- HEPA Filters. A true HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter is also known as an absolute air filter because of its high efficiency. True HEPA filters operate with a minimum efficiency of 99.97 percent, and it doesn’t get any more thorough than that.
- MERV Filters. MERV filters offer you hospital quality air filtration. MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) is a number from 1 to 16 that is relative to an air filter’s efficiency. The higher the MERV, the more efficient the air filter is at removing particles.
- Humidifiers & Dehumidifiers. A whole-house, combined humidification and dehumidification system where you can control and maintain the proper levels of relative humidity and promote an atmosphere of cleaner indoor air.
For further information regarding our expert HVAC services in the NE Massachusetts & Southern NH area, call and speak with the helpful and friendly team at Maffei Services today.